Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Happy Birthday to Andrew!

I just wanted to share about Andrew's birthday today! He was so excited to be turning two years old! He can tell you how old he is and his favorite part of birthday is birthday cake. He has been talking about birthday cake all day today. I think the past few weeks of more activity and more time at home and less daily routine finally caught up with him today too. To say he has been hyper has been an understatement. The thing is that he is so cute about it! I think he got put in time-out more today than he has in his entire life up to this point... and I think he started to see it as a game too. After the 2nd time of getting put in time-out because of standing on his tricycle seat he came to me and told me he needed to go to time-out because "I stood up tricycle!". Way too much excitement here for one day! Anyway... the day ended well. Oh, and while we were at my mom's last weekend Andrew slept on a twin bed and did great! We've had a toddler bed put away that someone gave to us so tonight was Andrew's first night in a big (or at least toddler which is plenty big for now!) bed. I didn't know last night that it was his last night in his crib though... why do all of these firsts always sneak up on me? Anyway, he is sound asleep right now so I am glad that that next step is going great!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a cute bed and what a big boy!!

Anonymous said...

What cute pictures. Andrew looks like he has really enjoyed his birthday and his birthday cake! He looks so big with his new bed and so happy to have it and be using it. He is so sweet and cute.

Thanks, Melody, for sharing the wonderful pictures with all of us.

We love you all so much,

aunt nancy

Tammie's Thoughts said...

I'm so glad that you made a big deal out of Andrew's birthday apart from Christmas! Babies born so close to christmas often get the short end of the stick and I'm happy you didn't do that to Andrew! Looks like he had a great time all the way around!